Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Blog Post #2

After reading the four resources, it is obvious they all agree an education reform is much needed. The cycle of traditional memorization and regurgitation of information is no longer working. I like one statement I read in one of the articles that stated,“There are vastly creative minds that are capable of doing intensely wonderful things with their learning but often we don’t let that live and breathe (Laufenberg). That is a profound statement this author made.  In order to take your students in the 21st century of inquiry based learning, educators have to step back and become flexible. The authors of the article admitted it was not easy to do at first, but it paid off in the end. Students today live in a technology centered world, so it is important to incorporate technology into their learning. They enjoy it, they love it!

I concur with the resources that I read. We need a transformation in the education system. The old traditional methods are not working. The resources give ratification to the goals that I would like to attain in my classroom. I teach 2nd grade and  would love to do more with technology and inquiry based learning.

Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment